Can you hold the wheel of David Millar?
POSITION FILLED! CHPT3 Communications Designer, Permanent
We are looking for a keen, talented individual to bring an innovative, design-led approach to how we communicate with our customers. Your involvement will be from concept to rollout with a distinct digital focus which includes visual design, corporate identity, newsletters, presentations, photography, film, podcasts and blogs.
This is a new role at CHPT3 and will allow an individual to develop their skills under the guidance of a talented team of creatives. The primary function of this role is to support the marketing team in producing content and well-designed communications. The chosen candidate will also work on numerous special projects for example creating a new packaging system or rethinking our store experiences. You will be working with both internal and external stakeholders and a big part of the project will be to support our partners with creative ideas, design and content.
CHPT3 is a British cycling brand founded by the former cycling professional David Millar. We offer some of the most luxurious cycle apparel you can get and serve a large community of people that love bikes and want to find their third chapter riding them. We produce, market and sell cycling apparel for road, dirt and street all over the world and collaborate with the most ambitious brands in the cycling world such as Brompton, Castelli, Garmin, POC to make cycling playful and elegant. CHPT3 is rebooting itself in 2021 to become the fastest growing brand in the cycling world.
- You will be involved in all aspects of digital marketing working closely with the Creative Director, Content Director and other team members to help bring marketing and branding strategies to life – online, offline and in print.
- Work closely with the e-commerce and marketing teams to deliver engaging, on-brand and consistent content for the website, email, social media and external partners.
- Create visually led designs that work across browsers and devices improving the overall customer experience.
- Build upon our brand guidelines and develop unique styles that bring CHPT3 to life on social media, and other digital platforms.
- Work with and support our external partners (like Brompton, Garmin and POC) with visual design, creative ideas and content.
- Maintain a working knowledge of social media platforms; keep up to date with the release of new features and opportunities for new ways to create design-led content.
- Support the business owners with contributions to the conceptual development of overall company campaign creative.
- Develop concepts, graphics and layouts for new products – hard and soft goods.
- Create and manage a portfolio of design and media assets for use by the entire company.
- Ensure all design and content is appropriate and consistent with the brand and brand guidelines.
Desired Knowledge & Experience
- A creative problem solver, you are obsessed with creating beautiful work that is strategically-led.
- Able to manage multi-stakeholder working relationships with consideration, curiosity and respect.
- Able to work on several tasks at once and ability to respond fast.
- Mac literate with excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience of creating and delivering emails via an email marketing system.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and responsive design.
- Educated from a renowned design school in one of the disciplines visual design, communication design or digital design.
- +3 years digital design experience, preferably in retail or similar fast-paced environment.
- Proven understanding of typography, layout and grid structures.
- Ability to generate ideas and concepts rooted to campaign objectives and brand values while also able to work to tight briefs.
- A flexible, organised approach to the way you work, be adaptable and happy to help out in a small team environment.
- A creative flair, originality, imagination and a strong visual sense.
- Affinity and passion for cycling a plus.
You are probably a sports person and probably love bikes of all sorts. You are passionate about inspiring people to get out on their bikes. You have a good sense of beauty and elegance and is motivated about working in a company that offers a luxurious product. You are attracted to work in a start-up culture where the time from plan to action is short and swift and where you get a lot of responsibility. You don't need to be told what to do.
The team is located in our own studio in the old town of Girona, which is the hotbed of European cycling. It’s a small city with a creative and international feel to it with one of the best food and café scenes in Europe. The climate is here is warm and pleasant and the culture is welcoming. Life here is rewarding and if you like cycling, there’s no better place to live.
You will get to work closely with David Millar and will have the opportunity to work with a global audience. We have a very energetic, creative team with people that are the best at what they do.
And yes, there are lots of perks like free coffee, lunch, lots of social activities, team events and rides. And, of course, cycling apparel until it’s coming out of your ears.